Our mission is to empower people and help them generate the changes they desire for their surroundings. In this way, our platform, along with the voices of our users, will serve as a tool to reach those who have the power to make those vital decisions and hear people’s worries and complaints.
In order to achieve so, our platform needs a set of clear rules to help us all get a great experience out of it.
1. User accounts
- To maximize this platform’s use, you must have a user account. These accounts may be created by yourself entering your personal data or by signing up with Facebook. You are solely responsible for all activity under your account on the platform, including any harm or prejudice towards us or any other person, even if that were to occur by someone using your account without your consent - therefore, it is crucial for you to remember your password and keep it in a safe place. If you suspect someone is using your account, reach out to us immediately.
- At the moment you sign a petition, a user account is automatically created for you, which will be notified via email. At the same time, in order to create an account, you must provide accurate and complete personal data. Further, you may not transfer your account to another person or use another person’s account without their consent.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Proponas.org. If you are less than 13 years old, we recommend you encourage your mother/father or a tutor to create a campaign about the topic you are interested in. If we find you have created an account and are less than 13 years old, we will proceed to suspend your account immediately.
2. User account rules
- Proponas.org may cancel or suspend your account from our platform at any moment, with or without any notice. This may be due to any violation to our norms, by request of federal law officials or governmental entities, due to long periods of inactivity on the platform, due to unexpected technical issues, or other circumstances. If we remove your account, we may also delete any content you created on our platform, as well as denying access from Proponas.org if you wish to use our services in the future. At the same time, we may also decide to keep your content available to other users even if we have suspended or removed your account.
- By using Proponas.org you accept that we don’t have any responsibility towards you or third parties by what is published from your account or even for the removal of your account.
3. Content publication by users
- The content you post (including photos) remains yours, and you also allow us to reuse and share it: By submitting and posting content, you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over the content itself. However, you authorize us to share this content with anyone else, distribute it on any platform and in any media, and make the modifications or editions that we consider appropriate (for example, for clarity or optimization purposes). For example, we can shorten the title of a petition to appear on our main web page, reformat a petition for a video that highlights the petitions that have achieved its objective, or share the content with the media. It also authorizes us to allow others to do the same with your content. In legal language, by submitting or posting content on or through the Proponas.org platform, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to grant sublicenses) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute its content in any and all means or distribution methods (that exist now or are yet to developed in the future). This includes making the content available to other companies, organizations or individuals that are associated with Proponas.org for the syndication, dissemination, distribution or publication of content in other media. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, powers and authority necessary to authorize us to use any content that you submit through Proponas.org. You also agree that you will not be paid any compensation for all of these uses of your content.
- Sharing campaigns: Except in very limited circumstances in which we will expressly request that you do not do so, we encourage you to link, post on social media and third party services, such as Facebook or Twitter, share via email, or copy and share in a different way the individual petitions and campaigns that are of interest to you, but only for informational and non-commercial purposes. If you share the petitions and campaigns of another user, you can not make any changes, and you can not delete any attributions. By posting content to any third-party service through the features and functionality of our platform (such as our applications or API), you are subject to the terms of such third-party service. If you wish to eliminate any petition or content from a third-party service, you must contact that third-party service and request the removal directly to them.
- No storage of user content: We are not a content storage service. We do not promise to store or make available on our platform any content that you or other users may publish for any period of time. You are solely responsible for keeping backup copies of everything you post on the platform.
4. Open platform
- The petitions in Proponas.org are generated by different people (or NGO's, social groups, or companies or political parties) which do not necessarily work with us, that being said, we are not responsible for the points of view exposed by the people (or others) in your petitions, nor we manipulate the content generated by them to ensure absolute transparency. Users can place links to other external sites, so we clarify that once you leave Proponas.org, you will be solely responsible for what happens on the following website and should read the rules of use and privacy policies of that site.
- Proponas does not provide security on the sources cited by users in their petitions or for the events mentioned by them. We do not control or review the petitions or the content published by our users, therefore, we do not evaluate if they comply with all national or international laws or third party rights, therefore, in case of finding any content that violates these rules you can contact us for its removal. Lets remember one more time that those responsible for the published content are only its creator users. It is also likely that some people initiate petitions as a result of commercial or private interests, you recognize this as part of our ecosystem.
5. Our rights
- As owners of Proponas.org and all that it means (web platform, source code, logos, databases among other things and possible future additions, but excluding the content created by users) we remind you that our platform and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both Argentina and foreign countries. Given this, you have no right to use the name of Proponas.org or our logos, and other distinctive features of the Proponas.org brand without prior written authorization from us.
- In addition, you are prohibited from performing the following activities:
- Perform Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against our servers or attempt to damage the normal functioning of our platform and services.
- Search vulnerabilities in our system, make them public or exploit them.
- Enter non-public areas of the platform and modify or obtain the information hosted there.
- Try to obtain, copy and modify our source code.
- Use the services of Proponas.org to send misleading information to our users.
- We believe in a world in which people have power, where generating changes can be part of everyday life. Proponas.org is an open platform with room for a wide variety of perspectives, where people from all over the world can take action on the issues that matter the most to them.
- We are proud to support intense debates and avoid censorship of content, but, like other important online platforms, we eliminate certain content that clearly violates our Behavior Policies guidelines, including incitement to hatred and violence.
6. How to get in touch with Proponas?
- If there is any remaining doubt that you may have, we recommend you contact our team to inform you about it. To do this, we invite you to complete the contact form to send us your concern. Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you.
- At Proponas we consider ourselves betas, we improve constantly, therefore, we invite you to send us any type of suggestion you may have about our platform or our policies.